Fall Reading Program
How does the Fall Reading Program work?
Step 1: Register
This year we will have only two registration options. As a precaution against the spread of COVID-19, paper registration forms will not be made available for public access. Please come to the front desk to register.
•OPTION 1: Register online. Online registration will begin on Thursday, October 1st.
•OPTION 2: Come by the Galax or Carroll County Public Library and register at the front desk.
Step 2: Track Your Reading
Participants of all ages must track their reading with Entry Slips (for teens & adults) or Reading Logs (for kids).
- A weekly drawing will be held every Friday at 12:00 p.m.
- Entry forms will be removed after each weekly drawing and be saved for the grand prize drawing on Friday, November 20th.
•For Kids (0-12): Fill out a Kids Reading Log (whether online or paper format) for every book you’ve read
- For preschoolers, count the number of books that have been read to them.
- If a child reads to another child the book read may be counted for both children.
- A child must read at least 10 picture books or 3-5 chapter books in order to get a Prize Bag between November 23rd-December 5th.
- After you finish one log come to the library & pick up another or fill out online, start on another log, Keep Reading!
- Participate in FREE virtual events!
- Pick up a weekly Take & Make Kit from the library every Tuesday of each week.
- Logs MUST be turned in by 5:00 pm on Friday, November 20th.
- Come pick up your PRIZE BAG for all of your AWESOME reading this Fall! Pick up your prize bag between November 23rd-December 5th.
Step 3: PRIZES!!
- Teen & Adult participants who fill out completed Entry Slips will be eligible for winning a weekly drawing held every Friday at 12:00 pm.
- All Teen & Adult Entry Slips will be removed after each weekly drawing & be saved for the Grand Prize Drawing on Friday, November 20th.
- Kids who have completed at least 1 reading log (with 10 picture books or 3-5 chapter books) will get an AWESOME PRIZE BAG!
- Pick up your prize bag between November 23rd-December 5th.