Summer Reading Program
How does the Summer Reading Program work?
Step 1: Register
This year we will have two registration options.
•OPTION 1: Register online. Online registration will begin on Monday, June 7th.
•OPTION 2: Come by the Galax or Carroll County Public Library, pick up a registration slip at the Summer Reading Program display, and submit at the Circulation Desk.
Step 2: Track Your Reading
Participants of all ages must track their reading with Entry Slips (for teens & adults) or Reading Logs (for kids).
- A weekly drawing will be held every Monday at 12:00 p.m.
- Entry forms will be removed after each weekly drawing and be saved for the grand prize drawing on Monday, July 26th.
•For Kids (0-12): Fill out a Kids Reading Log (whether online or paper format) for every book you’ve read
- For preschoolers, count the number of books that have been read to them.
- If a child reads to another child the book read may be counted for both children.
- A child must read at least 10 picture books or 3-5 chapter books in order to get a Prize Bag beginning July 26th.
- After you complete one reading log, begin another online or pick up one at the library, Keep Reading!
- Participate in FUN FREE events & WIN prizes!
- Pick up a weekly Take & Make Kit from the library every other Monday, beginning June 14th.
- Logs MUST be turned in by 5:00 pm on Friday, July 23rd.
- Come pick up your PRIZE BAG for all of your AWESOME reading this Summer! Pick up your prize bag beginning July 26th.
Step 3: PRIZES!!
- Teen & Adult participants who fill out completed Entry Slips will be eligible for winning a weekly drawing held every Monday at 12:00 pm.
- All Teen & Adult Entry Slips will be removed after each weekly drawing & be saved for the Grand Prize Drawings on Monday, July 26th.
- Kids who have completed at least 1 reading log (with 10 picture books or 3-5 chapter books) will get an AWESOME PRIZE BAG!
- Pick up your prize bag beginning July 26th.